Off Flavour Class – July 4th, 2019
Out of stock
An Off Flavour Class is where we use the BJCP Sensory Kit to spike known concentrations of flavour standards into a beer, this provides a reference point for tasting.
How to sign up:
There is a limited stock of tickets available for purchase in our store.
Thursday July 4th, 2019
7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Cost of $20 per person
Location: Black Lab Brewing Company (818 Eastern Ave, Toronto)
Thank you to Black Lab for hosting!
Each sample flavor makes one liter. The characteristics in each kit are:
- Acetaldehyde (green apple, cut grass)
- Butyric Acid (putrid, baby vomit)
- Diacetyl (butter, butterscotch)
- DMS (cooked corn or vegetables)
- Earthy (geosmin, soil-like)
- Ethyl Acetate (solvent-like, nail polish remover)
- Ethyl Hexanoate (aniseed, apple or licorice)
- Geraniol (floral, geranium flowers)
- Indole (farm, barnyard)
- Isovaleric Acid (cheesy, old hops, sweat socks)
- Papery (oxidized, cardboard)
- Spicy (cloves, allspice)