To be accepted as a term of membership with the GTA Brews Homebrew Club
Instituted by the Board of Directors, January 2021
This Code of Conduct (“Code”) applies to all members of GTA Brews, and all members’ guests, and all meeting and event attendees (“Participants”). Your participation in the GTA Brews Homebrew club is contingent upon your willing agreement of these terms, and helps us to ensure a safe and inclusive community.
NOTE: THIS CODE AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO COMPENSATION. BY BECOMING A MEMBER OR ATTENDING A MEETING OR EVENT, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY OUR CODE OF CONDUCT AND ABSOLVE GTA BREWS HOMEBREW CLUB OF ANY LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR ACTIONS.
As a Participant, I agree and acknowledge that:
1. I will obey this Code at all times and in all respects that are related to my attendance or participation in online activities, club meetings, or events (such times and respects being “Club Activities”).
2. I am responsible for the behaviour of both myself, and any guests I bring to any club related events or activities.
4. Participants in Club Activities must be of legal drinking age in the province/territory of the activity attended.
5. Consumption of alcohol carries risks, including but not limited to those related to health, operation of machinery, and decision making. Participants are not required to consume alcohol, and will not pressure others to consume alcohol at Club Activities. Any alcohol I consume or its resulting effects are solely my own risk.
6. I will not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, age, sexuality or abilities. I will provide and defend a safe environment for all Members and participants during all Club Activities.
7. I will not willfully misrepresent any food or beverage I share as part of any Club Activity with respect to safety or purity (e.g. alcohol content, allergens, cannabinoids).
8. I will not drink and drive, operate machinery or perform similarly risky actions at Club Activities. I will arrange safe transportation before any Club Activities, and will ask for assistance if required.
9. I will respect the Participants, property, rules, and staff of any Club Activity site, and will generally behave like a conscientious, respectful adult at all times.
10. Participants exhibiting violent or threatening behaviour, abusive language, intoxication or other unruly, unbecoming or inappropriate conduct at Club Activities will be ejected at the discretion of any GTA Brews Director or Club Activity organizer or host, and must leave the premises of the Club Activity immediately and without question or complaint.
11. Any Participants who disobey this Code or GTA Brews Bylaws, or who otherwise behave in an unfit manner, may be banned from Club Activities and/or have their membership revoked at the sole discretion of the GTA Brews Directors. Members are responsible for their guests.
12. GTA Brews memberships are provided as-is, and may be altered or withdrawn at any time.
13. I will not hold GTA Brews or any Participant liable for any damages or costs related to my actions or inactions at Club Activities. I will indemnify and save harmless GTA Brews and all Participants from any liability for damages and costs they may owe to third parties to the extent they result from my actions or inactions at Club Activities.