GTA Brews has Club Meetings on the 2nd Monday of every month. We alternate East and West Toronto locations each month so that members from each side of the city are able to attend without traveling too far. We invite you to attend your first meeting as guest, then after that we require is for you to become a member.
Here's a club meeting in a nutshell, 30 - 50 people show up with homebrewed beer, get feedback on your beer, talk shop and make new friends, engage with the educational component (usually a presentation), and get us to speed with club announcements. The meetings generally last from 7 PM until 10 PM, but members wander in an out all the time, so feel free to attend as little or as much of the meeting as you want.
Monthly Club Meeting in Detail
Day/ Time: 7-10 PM on the second Monday of every month. Please note that in the case of holiday weekends (like Thanksgiving Monday) we move the meeting to the following Monday.
Bringing Beer to Share: Got beer you want to share with everyone? Great! There are usually 40+ people at each meeting so you’ll need to bring at least:
- Four 355mL bottles, two 650mL bottles, or a growler
- Recipe notes – people will want to know what you did to make your beer
- If you are looking for help troubleshooting or really want constructive feedback, consider attending the Structured Tasting.
- Of course, feedback isn't just limited to one meeting component.
Don't forget to bring your tasting glass!
- Structured Tasting: 7:00-7:30 PM:
- Veteran club members lead a structured homebrew tasting and feedback session to help generate feedback. Each beer is introduced by the brewer, then tasted by participants in unison as the veteran members lead the discussion.
- This is for focused feedback and troubleshooting, so if you just want to share casually, you are welcome to do so at anytime during the meeting.
- No Sign Up Required, first-come first-served
- Announcements: ~7:50 PM - The club President welcomes everyone to the meeting and makes announcements about upcoming events and activities
- Presentation: 8:00-8:45 PM - A presentation is given covering a beer and/or brewing topic of interest to the members. Past presentations can be found here.
- Mingle: 9:00-10:00 PM - The home stretch as we finish the homebrews.
- Clean Up: 10:00 PM - All the fun comes at a price. Please stick around for a few minutes and help us straighten up! Your help is greatly appreciated.