Back again this year for Brew Slam 2017 we have the opportunity for one lucky club member to win $1000 cash prize and a Pro-Am with Henderson Brewing Company! The winner will have their recipe featured as an upcoming seasonal beer for Henderson Brewing.
The winner is required to give their full recipe to Henderson, and work with them to scale up to a full size commercial batch. There is no option to only take the $1000 and not do the Pro-Am.
The goal of this prize if to feature a member of the Toronto homebrewing community. The winner can live outside of Toronto proper and in the GTA, but their “homebrewing community” should be Toronto centric, aka GTA Brews.
– Lives within the GTA (Toronto, Durham, York, Peel, Halton)
– Club declared by entrant as “GTA Brews”
Picking the “Top 10 Toronto Entries”
Overall score isn’t the fairest way to select the best entries in a competition. We can use score for tie-breaking, but overall medals awarded is the best measure. This process will be used to select the 10 eligible entries. The brewers of these 10 entries will be invited to re-submit a 3rd bottle for evaluation at Henderson.
1. Select all gold medal winning entries that meet eligibility criteria
- If there are more than 10, eliminate by lowest score first until only 10 remain. Then stop.
- If there are less than 10, move to step 2.
2. Select all silver medal winning entries that meet eligibility criteria
- If there are more than 10, eliminate by lowest score first (ignoring gold medals) until only 10 remain. Then stop.
3. Repeat for Bronze medals if needed.