GTA Brews is a club filed with lots of incredibly talented homebrewers. The goal of this recipe database is to immortalize and share our most successful recipes for all our members to brew and learn from. In this database you’ll find a wide variety of homebrew recipes, including everything from competition winners to crowd favourites.
As this recipe database grows, you’ll find if handy to use the provided filters and search box to find that you are looking for. You can filter by style, brewer name, and types of awards won.
If you would like to nominate someone else’s recipe, or have one of your own to share, please read the How to Add a Recipe section below.
|Beer Style||Brewer Name||Recipe Name||Awards|
|American Light Lager||Jon Mains||Mains Lager||BOTY|
|Helles Bock||Kieth Caines||LBS Winning Maibock||Last Brewer Standing|
|Saison||Mike Vandervoort||NHC Medal Saison||NHC|
|Specialty IPA - NEIPA||Mike Vandervoort||Hurricane Nat NEIPA||Brew Slam|
|California Common||Pietro Caira||Pietro Caira's California Common|
|Saison||Mark Verok||Mark Verok's House Saison||Brew Slam|
|Munich Helles||Chris Saunders||Chris Saunders German Helles|
|Bière de Garde||Chris Schryer||Chris Schryer Ardennes Farmhouse|
|German Pils||Marcelo Paniza||Pilsnermonic||Brew Slam|
|Imperial Stout||Eric Cousineau||Bridal Brau|
|Black IPA||Matti Cowan||Breath of the Kveik|
|Winter Seasonal Beer||Kieth Caines||Spruce Tip Winter Ale||Last Brewer Standing|
|Berliner Weisse||Patrick Brown||Bernie's Wife||Vanbrewer Awards|
How to Add a Recipe
If you would like to get your recipe added into the database, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that meets the requirements laid out below. If you would like to nominate someone else’s recipe, please email them to ask for the details we need, and CC email@example.com.
Note: We currently have a large backlog of recipes to add from Member Profiles, so please help us out by providing everything we need to add your recipe quickly.
- Brewer Name and Recipe Name
- If you aren’t the brewer, please CC them so we can get permission
- A paragraph explaining the story behind the recipe
- This will help motivate others to brew it!
- BJCP subcategory name (for classification)
- We can help categorize if you aren’t sure
- Pictures we can include in the post (of you, of the beer, of awards, etc..)
- Recipe Format (BeerXML)
- This recipe export format is available in most brewing software including Beersmith and Brewers Friend.
- Before exporting, please make sure that you specify all necessary details in the brewing software. Any special notes/instructions should go in Recipe Notes field of your brewing software.
- This recipe is an example of the result of a complete BeerXML file