Brew Slam is wrapped up for another year, and what a year it was! Most prizes were shipped out to our winners before the holidays, and I finally have time to write my annual wrap up post. With 826 entries judged, were were Canada’s largest homebrew competition again for 2018!
The judging and awards for Brew Slam happened back in November, but we’ve been hard at work since then working on all the wrap up tasks to be able to mark the competition complete for another year. Don’t stop reading now because some pretty amazing things happened this year that I want to share.
Competition Stats 2018:
- Largest Canadian homebrew competition, ever!
- 826 entries judged
- 847 registered entries
- 8/10 provinces, Yukon, CT/PA, and ISRAEL!
- 191 participants with entries
- 135 volunteers: 75 judges, 54 stewards, 22 sorters, 10 crew
- Likely the most judges in any Canadian beer competition, ever!
- 31 award categories
- 7 judging sessions, avg 7.5 entries/pair per session
- Over $16,000 in prizes!!