Yet again our annual Canadian Homebrew Day (CHD) tradition of running Learn2Brew has been cancelled due to COVID-19. But CHD is about much more than just running L2B, and COVID-19 sure won’t stop us! CHD is an opportunity to take a moment out of what has been a hectic 12+ months for all of us an enjoy our hobby and craft. Similar to last year, we’ve organized a virtual brewing session on Zoom:
Join On Zoom (link)
Date: Saturday June 5th, 2021
Time: 10:30 AM – 3:00 PM
If you’re free, get a brew going and join us on Zoom to talk all things brewing and some regular old banter. If you’re looking for something to brew, there are a few official Canadian Homebrew Day recipes from our friends at the Canadian Homebrewers Association:
- Catalina Wine Mixer – a Kolsch by the very well known Cory Day
- You may remember that Cory presented about Recipe Formulation at our April 2020 Meeting
- Temperanceville Tropical Stout – a, you guessed it, Tropical Stout by Victor North!
- For those that attended our March club meeting, Victor spoke to us about all things Tropical Stout.
David Chang-Sang, Eric Cousineau, and Colin Green will be hosting the virtual brew session:
- David will be brewing the Tropical Stout
- Eric will be brewing the Kolsch
- Colin will be brewing a Triple IPA and partigyle’d Session IPA
If you are indeed brewing that day, please take some pictures and share it with our community and beyond by tagging GTA Brews and #CanadianHomebrewDay in your posts!