Please RSVP using the form below to help us track expected attendees and make sure we hit our required quorum!
Date: Sunday February 21st, 2021
Time: 8:30 PM – 10:00 PM
GTA Brews Members: You must login to see the link and password. If you have logged in and cannot see them, please refresh the page.
This first annual GTA Brews AGM will be conducted from 8:30-10:00 PM on Sunday Feb 21st. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic this will be hosted virtually using Zoom, however we hope to make this an exciting annual in-person event in the future. To reach the quorum required to hold the meeting we need 40+ members to attend, so please mark your calendars and plan to attend!
The meeting will be chaired by outgoing President, Eric Cousineau (message from Eric).
As an incorporated homebrew club, we are required to hold an AGM each year going forward to conduct official club business such as:
- Electing the club Executive (President, Vice-President, Treasurer)
- Electing the Board of Directors (Three Executive + Two At-Large Directors)
- Sharing our latest financial statement with members
- Conducting other club business and sharing other club updates
This is our first AGM since incorporating, so all our of Executive and Board positions are up for election. Please see our dedicated GTA Brews Election post for details on the election process, open positions, and instructions on how to nominate yourself.
There is another non-recurring business item that needs to be handled due to our first AGM. We will share a brief introduction to our new Bylaws and Code of Conduct documents, then we will confirm the Bylaws via special resolution of members.
- Welcome & Call to Order
- Review of the current Board of Directors & Appointed Officers
- Year in Review / Looking into 2021
- Financial Update
- Introduction to Bylaws
- Introduction to Code of Conduct
- Review Board of Directors election candidates (uncontested)
- Resolution to waive appointment of public accountant
- Resolution to accept Bylaws
- Resolution to ratify election of Board of Directors
- Open Member Q&A Session
- Wrap Up
Attending and Voting at the Meeting
The AGM is open to all Class A (voting) members of the club. All dues paying members are Class A members. We require 10% of voting members (~40 people) to attend in order to reach quorum. Please RSVP using the form below to help us track the expected attendance and reach our required quorum!
To facilitate our effort to take attendance, please use both your first and last name in your Zoom display name. If we can't figure out who you are, we can't count you towards quorum!
If you aren't able to attend but still want your voice to be heard, you may fill out the form below to proxy your vote to another member of your choosing. That member will need to fill out the voting form once for themselves, then again for each member they are proxying for.