Muddy York Brewing Co.
22 Cranfield Road, Toronto, Ontario, M4B 3H1 MAP
This month we have six exciting meeting elements!
We are going back to our gracious host, Muddy York Brewing Co! We request that everyone spend some money to support our wonderful host. Don’t forget to buy some bottles from their shop!
First time? Read our Monthly Meeting overview!
Bringing Beer to Share: There are usually 40+ people at each meeting so we recommend bringing at least 1L of your beer if you want everyone to try it. If you want detailed feedback on your beer, consider arriving by 7 PM to ensure you get a spot in the Structured Tasting. Don’t forget your recipe notes!
Don’t forget to bring your tasting glass!
- Structured Tasting: 7:00-7:30 PM
- Group of veteran judges/brewers gather to give detailed feedback on member homebrew while everyone else in the room tastes along.
- Please bring multiple bottles to make beer distribution more efficient.
- Side conversations should be kept to a whisper so the audience can hear.
- No Sign Up Required, first-come first-served.
- Announcements: ~7:50 PM – Club President welcomes everyone to the meeting and makes announcements about upcoming events and activities
- Style of the Month: Pilsner & Pale Lager: 8:00-8:15 – Emily Storey presents the Style of the Month, a new meeting segment highlighting different BJCP styles.
- Garage Sale & Mingle: 8:15-10:00 PM – Socialize and share that homebrew!
- Share your Kveik beers with Lars, Richard, and the Escarpment Crew, ask questions, and absorb all that Kveik knowledge!
- Hit up the end of summer Brewing Garage Sale table and haggle for new equipment!
- Clean Up: 10:00 PM – All the fun comes at a price. Please stick around for a few minutes and help us straighten up! Your help is greatly appreciated.
Bi-Monthly Homebrew Bottle Svvap
Special Guest: Richard Preiss of Escarpment Labs
Special Guest: Lars Marius Garshol of Larsblog
Lars is responsible for the popularizing this workhorse yeast in the home and craft brewing world. This article from Good Beer Hunting does an excellent job telling the story about how Lars documented and popularized Kveik yeast.
Brewing Garage Sale
We’ve all collected extra brewing equipment over the years, sometimes for a one-off brew and other times from just upgrading. Bring your extra brewing gear to the meeting and pick your price. We’ll have a For Sale table with your name and asking price attached. For those looking to expand or upgrade, bring cash or have your Paypal at the ready!
Membership & Guest Attendance
Due to AGCO requirements for serving home-brewed beer under SOP (Special Occasion Permit), club membership is required to attend monthly meetings. However, prospective members are invited to attend their first meeting as a guest to check us out before committing to membership.
Attend once and you’ll want to keep coming back, we promise!