Click Here to go to the main competition page.
August 26th, 2019 - Toronto, ON
Inquiries about Brew Slam 2019 should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
GTA Brews is excited to announce our fifth annual, nation-wide, homebrew competition for beer, mead, and cider; Brew Slam 2019 (#BrewSlam)! We are excited to build on last year’s massive success which saw 826 entries, from 191 entrants, in 8/10 provinces, judged by 75 judges, over just 3 days, making this the largest homebrew competition in Canada! We are ecstatic to have John Palmer attending as our guest of honour (Nov 8-10) to help ring in our 5th year!
This is a BJCP sanctioned competition, and also part of the Canadian Brewer of the Year (BOTY) circuit. The judging will take place at Amsterdam Brewery (Leaside) from Nov 8th to 10th. Judging will be performed by BJCP ranked judges and pro brewers, using the BJCP 2015 Guidelines and Provisional Styles.
This year we have implemented a few changes to the structure of the competition in order to encourage more entrants:
- The total cap has been moved to PAID entries, rather than registered entries
- This means that registering an unpaid entry does not count, only paid entries are guaranteed a spot.
- The per-entrant cap is staggered to allow prospective entrants a full week opportunity to register at the lower cap.
- This means that there is low risk of anyone being shut out of the competition due to hitting the cap in the first week.
– Total cap of 850 PAID entries
– Per-entrant caps: 2 pp for Sept 25 – Oct 2, then up to 6 pp starting Oct 3
Entry Registration Opens: Sept 25th, 2019
Entry Deadline: Nov 2nd, 2019
Judging Dates: Nov 8th – 10th, 2019
Judging Location: Amsterdam Brewery (45 Esandar Dr)
Awards Ceremony: Nov 23rd at Junction Craft Brewing
About Brew Slam
#BrewSlam is Canada’s largest homebrew competition, with entrants from coast to coast. Last year we had; 826 entries, 191 entrants, 75 judges, and avg flight of 7.5 entries/pair.
About GTA Brews
We are Toronto’s local, as well as Canada’s largest, homebrew club. Since establishing in 2013, we have worked to strengthen and grow the Toronto homebrewing community through education, events, competitions, and camaraderie.