We have a winner!! 🏆 The final round of our Last Brewer Standing competition pitted Evan Bonsell and Kieth Caines against each other, and they were instructed to brew a Maibock. The final judging took place at the May Club Meeting, using a blind judging panel to select the winner. This was a long, fun ride that began last summer with 32 brewers, and we can finally announce that...
Kieth Caines has been crowned the Last Brewer Standing!!
Big thanks to Clayton Hoy and Rob Towle for organizing this fun competition! Thanks to their tireless efforts it was an outstanding success. We're already looking forward to Last Brewer Standing #2!
Special thank yous go out to all our Last Brewer Standing sponsors!
- Brew North for donating a $200 gift card for our champion
- Escarpment Labs for donating yeast for Round 3
- Tavistock Hop Co for donating the hops for Round 4
Kieth's Maibock Recipe
- 6 lbs Pilsner malt (43%)
- 6 lbs Vienna malt (43%)
- 1 lbs Aromatic malt (7%)
- 1 lbs Munich malt (7%)
- 1.75 oz EKG boil (60 min)
- 1 oz Hallertau (30 min)
- 0.3 tsp Irish moss (10 min)
- 1.2 tsp Yeast nutrient (10 min)
- 1 pkg Wyeast 2206 Bavarian Lager (1.5 L starter)
- 1.073 OG, 1.018 FG, 7.3% ABV
- BH Efficiency: 72%
- Mash: 75 min @ 153°F
- Ferment: 14 days @ 54°F