Northern Maverick Brewing Co.
115 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, M5V 2P9 MAP
This month we have four exciting meeting elements!
- Presentation: Marcelo Paniza presents Brewing Sake
- Structured Tasting
- EKG Hop Split from Bulk Buy
- Spring Showdown 2019 – Awards Ceremony
This June we are going back to our gracious host, Northern Maverick Brewing Co.. Thanks for hosting us! This month we have a special GTA Brews Menu that will be available to our members! We request that everyone spend some money to support our wonderful host. Their food is fantastic (try the Jamaican patties), and they have plenty of beer-to-go in their bottle shop!
First time? Read our Monthly Meeting overview!
Bringing Beer to Share: There are usually 40+ people at each meeting so we recommend bringing at least 1L of your beer if you want everyone to try it. If you want detailed feedback on your beer, consider arriving by 7 PM to ensure you get a spot in the Structured Tasting. Don’t forget your recipe notes!
Don’t forget to bring your tasting glass!
- Structured Tasting: 7:00-7:30 PM
- Group of veteran judges/brewers gather to give detailed feedback on member homebrew while everyone else in the room tastes along.
- Please bring multiple bottles to make beer distribution more efficient.
- Side conversations should be kept to a whisper so the audience can hear.
- No Sign Up Required, first-come first-served.
- Announcements: ~7:50 PM – Club President welcomes everyone to the meeting and makes announcements about upcoming events and activities
- Spring Showdown 2019 Awards Ceremony: 8:00-8:30 PM
- Presentation: 8:30-9:00 PM – Marcelo Paniza presents Brewing Sake.
- Mingle & Hop Split: 9:00-10:00 PM – Stick around to socialize and share more homebrew or help split hops if you purchased EKG during the last Bulk Buy.
- Clean Up: 10:00 PM – All the fun comes at a price. Please stick around for a few minutes and help us straighten up! Your help is greatly appreciated.
Marcelo Paniza presents Brewing Sake.
EKG Hop Split
The 2018 EKG has arrived! Thanks for your patience as we worked with HopsConnect to get this into our hands.
Spring Showdown 2019 Awards Ceremony
Membership & Guest Attendance
Due to AGCO requirements for serving home-brewed beer under SOP (Special Occasion Permit), club membership is required to attend monthly meetings. However, prospective members are invited to attend their first meeting as a guest to check us out before committing to membership.
Attend once and you’ll want to keep coming back, we promise!