Muddy York Brewing Co.
22 Cranfield Road, Toronto, Ontario, M4B 3H1 MAP
This month we have five exciting meeting elements!
- Presentation: DIY Homebrew Equipment with Ed Hitchcock
- Structured Tasting
- Last Brewer Standing: Semi-Finals Judging & Results
- Company Update: The Tavistock Hop Company
- Bi-Monthly Homebrew Bottle Swap
We are going back to our gracious host, Muddy York Brewing Co! We request that everyone spend some money to support our wonderful host. Don’t forget to buy some bottles from their shop!
First time? Read our Monthly Meeting overview!
Bringing Beer to Share: There are usually 40+ people at each meeting so we recommend bringing at least 1L of your beer if you want everyone to try it. If you want detailed feedback on your beer, consider arriving by 7 PM to ensure you get a spot in the Structured Tasting. Don’t forget your recipe notes!
Don’t forget to bring your tasting glass!
- Structured Tasting: 7:00-7:30 PM
- Group of veteran judges/brewers gather to give detailed feedback on member homebrew while everyone else in the room tastes along.
- Please bring multiple bottles to make beer distribution more efficient.
- Side conversations should be kept to a whisper so the audience can hear.
- No Sign Up Required, first-come first-served.
- Announcements: ~7:50 PM – Club President welcomes everyone to the meeting and makes announcements about upcoming events and activities
- Presentation: 8:00-8:45 PM – Ed Hitchcock presents: DIY Homebrew Equipment.
- Mingle/Compete: 9:00-9:30 PM we have:
- Last Brewer Standing: Semi-Finals Judging. Watch as our final 4 are tested in the crucible of home brewing.
- More Sampling: Stick around to socialize and share more homebrew as LBS goes on in the background
- Company Update: 9:30-9:45 PM – While LBS Semi-Finals results are tallied up, Kyle Wynette and Jeremy Bartlett will give a brief update on the 2018 hop growing season and harvest at The Tavistock Hop Company. Their hops are featured in the 2019 Bulk Hop Buy.
- Last Brewer Standing Results: 9:45 PM – The winners of Round 4 will be announced, who will move onto the finals??
- Clean Up: 10:00 PM – All the fun comes at a price. Please stick around for a few minutes and help us straighten up! Your help is greatly appreciated.
Presentation – DIY Homebrew Equipment by Ed Hitchcock
Bi-Monthly Homebrew Bottle Swap
Due to AGCO requirements for serving home-brewed beer under SOP (Special Occasion Permit), club membership is required to attend monthly meetings. However, prospective members are invited to attend their first meeting as a guest to check us out before committing to membership.
Attend once and you’ll want to keep coming back, we promise!