Northern Maverick Brewing Company
115 Bathurst St, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2P9 MAP
This month we have four exciting meeting elements!
- New Structured Tasting Format
- Build-a-Brewery Workshop with Kyle Smith of Gorman & Smith Beverage Equipment
- Last Brewer Standing: Round 2 Judging
- Bottle Exchange
This October we are going back to our gracious host, Northern Maverick Brewing Co.. Thanks for hosting us! We request that everyone spend some money to support our wonderful host. Their food is fantastic (try the Jamaican patties), and they have plenty of beer-to-go in their bottle shop!
First time? Read our Monthly Meeting overview!
Bringing Beer to Share: Do you want everyone to have a chance to taste your beer? Great! There are usually 40+ people at each meeting so we recommend bringing at least:
- Four 355mL bottles, two 650mL bottles, or a growler
- Recipe notes – people will want to know what you did to make your beer
- If you are looking for help troubleshooting or really want constructive feedback, consider attending the Structured Tasting.
- Of course, feedback isn’t just limited to one meeting component.
Don’t forget to bring your tasting glass!
- Structured Tasting: 7:00-7:30 PM:
- A group of the most eager homebrewers gathers to get&give feedback to anyone that wants thoughtful feedback on their beer before people’s palates get fatigued
- *New Format*
- See the description below for details
- No Sign Up Required, first-come first-served
- Announcements: ~7:50 PM – The club President welcomes everyone to the meeting and makes announcements about upcoming events and activities
- Pro Brewer Q&A: 8:00-8:30 PM – Build-a-Brewery Workshop with Kyle Smith of Gorman & Smith Beverage Equipment
- Mingle/Compete: 8:30-10:00 PM, in parallel we have:
- Last Brewer Standing – Round 2: Participants in our LBS competition will compete head to head to see who advances to the next round. Details Here
- Mingle: Stick around to socialize and share more homebrew as LBS goes on in the background
- Clean Up: 10:00 PM – All the fun comes at a price. Please stick around for a few minutes and help us straighten up! Your help is greatly appreciated.
New Structured Tasting Format
Pro Brewer & Presenter – Kyle Smith
Monthly Homebrew Bottle Swap
Membership & Guest Attendance
Due to AGCO requirements for serving home-brewed beer under SOP (Special Occasion Permit), club membership is required to attend monthly meetings. However, prospective members are invited to attend their first meeting as a guest to check us out before committing to membership.
Attend once and you’ll want to keep coming back, we promise!