Northern Maverick Brewing Company
115 Bathurst St, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2P9 MAP
This month we have three exciting meeting elements!
- Competition/Recipe Q&A Panel with Mike Vandervoort (Henderson Cup & TBOY 2017) and Clayton Hoy
- Last Brewer Standing: Round 1B Judging
- Summer Swap: Bottle Exchange
This August we are going back to our gracious host, Northern Maverick Brewing Co.. Thanks for hosting us! We request that everyone spend some money to support our wonderful host. Their food is fantastic (try the Jamaican patties), and they have plenty of beer-to-go in their bottle shop!
First time? Read our Monthly Meeting overview!
Bringing Beer to Share: Do you want everyone to have a chance to taste your beer? Great! There are usually 40+ people at each meeting so we recommend bringing at least:
- Four 355mL bottles, two 650mL bottles, or a growler
- Recipe notes – people will want to know what you did to make your beer
- If you are looking for help troubleshooting or really want constructive feedback, consider attending the Structured Tasting.
- Of course, feedback isn’t just limited to one meeting component.
Don’t forget to bring your tasting glass!
- People Arrive: 7:00-7:45 PM, in parallel we have:
- Social “Hour”: 7:00-7:45 PM – Hang out, catch up, and share your homebrew. This is usually a good opportunity to grab some food from the host venue.
- Structured Tasting: 7:00-7:45 PM – A group of the most eager homebrewers gathers to get&give feedback to anyone that wants thoughtful feedback on their beer before people’s palates get fatigued
- Signup for Structured Tasting
- Announcements: ~7:50 PM – The club President welcomes everyone to the meeting and makes announcements about upcoming events and activities
- Member Panel Q&A: 8:00-8:30 PM – Mike Vandervoort (Henderson Cup & TBOY 2017) and Clayton Hoy
- Mingle/Compete: 8:30-10:00 PM, in parallel we have:
- Last Brewer Standing – Round 1B: Participants in our LBS competition will compete head to head to see who advances to the next round. Details Here
- More Sampling: Stick around to socialize and share more homebrew as LBS goes on in the background
- Clean Up: 10:00 PM – All the fun comes at a price. Please stick around for a few minutes and help us straighten up! Your help is greatly appreciated.
Member Q&A Panel – Mike Vandervoort & Clayton Hoy
Monthly Homebrew Bottle Swap
Membership & Guest Attendance
Due to AGCO requirements for serving home-brewed beer under SOP (Special Occasion Permit), club membership is required to attend monthly meetings. However, prospective members are invited to attend their first meeting as a guest to check us out before committing to membership.
Attend once and you’ll want to keep coming back, we promise!