Monday 11 June at 7:00 PM
Northern Maverick Brewing Co.
115 Bathurst St, Toronto, Ontario M5V 2P9 MAP
June's speaker is John Jenkinson, who has been in charge of brewing at Folly Brewpub since late last year. John started brewing while completing a PhD in Philosophy at Western University. One of his favourite aspects of brewing at Folly is the spirit of experimentation and creative freedom through which he develops his craft. He gravitates towards mixed-fermentation ales with subtle complexity that are dry and refreshing. He loves exploring interesting flavour combinations by using new hop varieties or fermenting in oak. John is going to talk about the journey that brought him to Folly and how the brewing program has been going there. Bring lots of questions!
This June we are going back to our gracious host, Northern Maverick Brewing Co.. Thanks for hosting us! We request that everyone spend some money to support our wonderful host. Their food is fantastic (try the Jamaican patties), and they have plenty of beer-to-go in their bottle shop!
Bringing Beer to Share: Got beer you want to share with everyone? Great! There are usually 40+ people at each meeting so try to bring at least:
- 2 to 4 bottles or a growler
- Recipe notes – people will want to know what you did to make your beer
- If you are looking for help troubleshooting or really want constructive feedback, consider attending the Structured Tasting.
Don’t forget to bring your tasting glass!
- People Arrive: 7:00-7:45 PM, in parallel we have:
- Social “Hour”: 7:00-7:45 PM – Hang out, catch up, and share your homebrew. This is usually a good opportunity to grab some food from the host venue.
- Structured Tasting: 7:00-7:45 PM – A group of the most eager homebrewers gathers to get&give feedback to anyone that wants thoughtful feedback on their beer before people’s palates get fatigued
- Signup for Structured Tasting
- Announcements: ~7:50 PM – The club President welcomes everyone to the meeting and makes announcements about upcoming events and activities
- Presentation & Q&A: 8:15-9:00 PM – John Jenkinson -
- More Sampling: 9:00-10:00 PM – The home stretch as we finish the homebrews.
- Clean Up: 10:00 PM – All the fun comes at a price. Please stick around for a few minutes and help us straighten up! Your help is greatly appreciated.
Membership Required Event
Due to AGCO requirements regarding serving home-brewed beer under SOP, a paid membership is required to attend this event. If you are not a paid member and want to come and check out what we're all about before committing to join, you can click here to get on our guest list for free.