With the hop buy and the Spring 2018 Grain Buy wrapped up, GTA Brews is at it again with two exciting bulk buy opportunities! We’re launching a bulk barrel buy and a pH buffer buy – please see some details on these opportunities below.
Sign Up Open: Thursday June 7th, 2018
Sign Up Close: Thursday June 28th, 2018
Payment Deadline: Thursday July 5th, 2018
Pick-Up Date & Location: TBD
IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE ANY EMAILS FOR THIS BUY, PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER AND ADD US TO YOUR CONTACTS.Notice: Paid Members must login to see the order link
Bulk Barrel Buy
Always wanted to barrel age your homebrew? Now is your chance! The club has a source of up to 100 used Bourbon/Whiskey barrels from Reservoir Whiskey. These barrels have a 20 litre/5 gallon capacity so perfect for the homebrew operation. Each barrel is $78 USD, and shipping will be added to each barrel. Few specifics on this buy below:
- These barrel will be available to club members on a first come, first served basis
- Given that the source is in the United States, shipping costs will be high. As such, we will only proceed with the order if a sufficient threshold (~50 barrels) is reached for reasonable per barrel shipping costs.
- The shipping costs are currently estimated at $1,206 USD for the entire order. The shipping estimate could decrease.
- Assuming 50 barrels are sold, the cost per barrel and shipping would be $102.12 USD
- Given the dynamic nature of currency exchange, we can only provide final Canadian dollar costs once the order is placed. If the Canadian dollar tanks or this emerging trade conflict escalates quickly, we may reconsider moving forward on this opportunity.
If you’re not sure if a barrel is for you, GTA Brews Director Matt Duimering (aka guru of all things barrels) has written some helpful guidance materials for cask/barrel management. If can be found here.
- All emails regarding the barrel buy can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
pH Buffer Buy
Need to calibrate that pH meter and out of buffer? Time to restock! The club has contracted with Scigiene Corporation for 4.01 and 7.01 buffer solution sachets. These sachets are 20 mL in size and come in a box of 25 sachets. If you buy buffer in larger containers, evidence suggests that the pH of the buffer can begin to fluctuate 24 hours after opening to bottle. So, if you still have your buffer solution from the pH meter bulk buy a few years ago, might be time to restock!
- Pricing per box is $28 CAD tax included.
- These sachets are intended for single use on brew day – we do not recommend reusing the buffer.
- All emails regarding the pH buffer buy can be directed to email@example.com.