Come one, come all: homebrewing rookies and vets alike for a night of learning, drinking, and homebrew bottle sharing (if you want). This February we premiere a new host for our meetings: Northern Maverick Brewing Co.. Thanks for hosting us! We request that everyone spend some money to support our wonderful host. Their food is fantastic, and they have plenty of beer to go in their bottle shop!
Monday 12 February at 7:00 PM
Northern Maverick Brewing Co.
115 Bathurst St, Toronto, Ontario M5V 2P9 MAP
Bringing Beer to Share: Got beer you want to share with everyone? Great! There are usually 40+ people at each meeting so you’ll need to bring at least:
- Four 355mL bottles, two 650mL bottles, or a growler
- Recipe notes – people will want to know what you did to make your beer
- If you are looking for help troubleshooting or really want constructive feedback, consider attending the Structured Tasting.
- Of course, feedback isn’t just limited to one meeting component.
Don’t forget to bring your tasting glass!
- People Arrive: 7:00-7:45 PM, in parallel we have:
- Social “Hour”: 7:00-7:45 PM – Hang out, catch up, and share your homebrew. This is usually a good opportunity to grab some food from the host venue.
- Structured Tasting: 7:00-7:45 PM – A group of the most eager homebrewers gathers to get&give feedback to anyone that wants thoughtful feedback on their beer before people’s palates get fatigued
- Signup for Structured Tasting
- Announcements: ~7:50 PM – The club President welcomes everyone to the meeting and makes announcements about upcoming events and activities
- Presentation: 8:00-8:45 PM – Mixed Fermentation – Matt Duimering
- Pro Brewer Q&A: 9:00-9:30 PM – Andrew Crowder, Brewmaster at Maverick Brewing Co.
- More Sampling: 9:30-10:00 PM – The home stretch as we finish the homebrews.
- Clean Up: 10:00 PM – All the fun comes at a price. Please stick around for a few minutes and help us straighten up! Your help is greatly appreciated.
Presenter – Matt Duimering
Come see the founder and owner of Reverence Barrel Works, Matt Duimering!
When he isnt destroying his friends septic pumps with wood chips, he can be
found experimenting with a variety of wild bacteria and microbes both at
home, and the soon to be christened Reverence Barrel Works location. Come
listen to Matt as he discusses the finer points of mixed fermentation, and
how to make your goals for mixed fermented beers become reality! Bring
Pro Brewer – Andrew Crowder, Brewmaster at Maverick Brewing Co.
Andrew’s first experience with craft beer came while he was attending University in Guelph. Tired of drinking the same light lagers, he began trying more traditional German styles, and searching for beers that offered more interesting and unique flavours. His real passion for the craft emerged when he began learning and understanding the science involved in brewing beer. Soon after, he began home brewing and creating his own beers. Andrew’s career in the craft beer industry began when he was hired as a lab technician in Muskoka Brewery’s Quality Control lab. He spent five years with Muskoka brewery, holding positions in Quality Control, Brewing, and most recently as the Brewing Operations Manager. Andrew is excited to join the Toronto craft beer scene, continue to explore new styles, and helping Northern Maverick reach its full potential as a new brewery.
Membership Required Event
Due to AGCO requirements regarding serving home-brewed beer under SOP, a paid membership is required to attend this event. If you are not a paid member and want to come and check out what we’re all about before committing to join, contact us and we’ll gladly put you on our guest list for free.